Served this yummy salad at a networking party I held at my place – It was delicious and was thrilled there were leftovers.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
In a medium sized pot boil the 2 cups of water, add the 1 cup of quinoa, reduce heat to medium and cook until tender (between 12 and 15 minutes). Put the cooked quinoa in a big mixing bowl and keep turning it over with a spatula to get it cooled off (unless you are really organized and did this part earlier in the day).
Add the remaining ingredients once the quinoa is cooled. Will keep two to three days.