The next Pitch Your Passion is October 25, 2016
Pitch Your Passion is an opportunity for passionate people to gather and for five women to pitch their passion to an audience of committed community members. It is a unique ‘in the moment’ giving opportunity, the only judging criteria being the heart-centered support of someone’s passion, with no attachment to the outcome. This event wouldn’t be possible without our amazing PYP Team!
How it works . . .
- You can participate by…
- being a “Pitcher” – got a passion? Sign up to pitch your idea at a future pitch you passion, project or dream that you feel passionate (see some of our past “Pitchers” here)
- joining us in the audience to support this unique event – you will receive a ballot to cast your vote when all the “Pitchers” are complete
The agenda….we start on time, so be sure to arrive a little early, get organized and find a seat (pre-registration is required as this has been a sold out event)
- 7:00 pm – the evening’s “Pitchers”, in a random order, share their idea – they have 5 minutes of ‘pitch’, followed by 5 minutes of moderated Q&A from all audience members
- When all the pitches are complete, audience members cast their vote, the votes are collected and tabulated
- All audience members are encouraged to think and communicate how they themselves could assist the “Pitcher” with their passion – all “Pitchers” will go home with a goodie bag of resources and ideas.
- The successful “Pitcher” is announced and receives $500 cash
- Community and connection happen as people connect with one another
- Six months later, the winning “Pitcher” comes back to share their progress
What happens after….
- All “Pitchers” profiles will be written, and posted on the yoUnlimited website “Passion Pitchers” page
- The successful “Pitcher” is asked to return in six to twelve months to share how participating in the “Pitch Your Passion” moved them forward, how it changed their life.
Funds for Pitch Your Passion are be collected through all yoUnlimited events and donations. Please feel free to donate by clicking below.
What people are saying…
“Good, crisp pacing, and such a pleasure to hear the five Pitchers. Looking forward to being at another!” Audience Member
“Lovely to see your leadership team pull this off. There’s a hunger for it. I was very impressed with the level of preparation by the candidates, the facility, the crowd, the quality of the questions, and the pacing. Well done!”Audience Member
“My intention with “Pitch Your Passion” is to be a part of a community of dreamers that “savours the now” and supports each other to live out their dreams. As an “Angel in the Audience” at the last event, it was with great admiration that I watched five women take a risk and pursue projects that they feel passionate about. Through their courage to speak about their own dreams the “Pitchers” provided inspiration and permission for others to do the same. I can’t wait to see what kind of creative energy October brings.”Audience Member