Please hover your mouse over a highlighted date on our event calendar to see what events are happening that day. You can also move to future months by clicking on arrow in the top bar.
Please register below to join us to discuss ‘Dying to Talk – A conversation around doing death better’
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: November 18, 2018
Dying To Talk is a conversation worth having, and we will have it, but it will have to wait until the New Year. So many are interested and want to attend, but with this seasonal and busy time of year, one that is filled with so many opportunities, many are not able to be with us on Monday, November 19th.
So, we have decided to postpone the yoUnlimited Conversation Circle scheduled for tomorrow, to allow for all those who have shown an interest, including you, to join us at a later date. Everything happens in the perfect moment, so we hope you will be able to make it on Thursday, January, the 31st. Please register below,.
And while you are waiting, check out the Deathly Matters Conference, on May 25th, 2019, where we will continue to connect in conversation with community. Reach out to Linda Hunter with any questions or if you would like more information, at email@example.com.
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.”
― Isaac Asimov
the times they are a changing…
- In June of 2018, it was reported that the number of Canadians choosing medically assisted death (MAID) jumped 30% with 1,523 medically assisted deaths.
- In 2016, B.C. was ranked as the highest province in Canada with 188 medically assisted deaths (MAID) recorded, of which 77 were on Vancouver Island, more than any other region in B.C.
- The cremation rate is fast approaching 70% in Canada
- Death Doulas are part of an emerging trend to reclaim death and provide guidance at end of life
- There is a movement afoot to ‘bring death home ‘with an increasing interest in home funerals.
We invite you into the Circle to chat about Death and Dying and to open a conversation about how we might all ‘do death better”.
The fact is that no one gets out alive, and while the circumstances may not be entirely within out control, more than we imagine is often possible. Let’s explore the options together.
Arrive with a curious mind and an open heart.
Leave with a better understanding and additional resources to keep the conversation going.
Please register in advance with the form below as seating is limited. A financial contribution for space rental and tea can be made at the event. Remaining proceeds will be donated to a charitable organization.