Please hover your mouse over a highlighted date on our event calendar to see what events are happening that day. You can also move to future months by clicking on arrow in the top bar.
“Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why”
Please register below to join us to discuss ‘How Slow Can You Go?’
- A May 2018 UK publication (Life in the Fast Lane) reported that the ‘fast-lane’ approach to living means 61 per cent of adults spend only between 15 and 30 minutes eating their evening meal. One in five admits taking work home to finish over the weekend, while half of all respondents reported feeling stressed at the weekend at least once a month.
- In the US, in 2016, more than 20% of adults reported eating in their car due to lack of time.
- Many people routinely report feeling time crunched, stressed, and overwhelmed and doctors are now seeing an alarming increase in stress-related disorders and stress-induced illness.
- Multi-tasking stimulates internal chaos and fragmented attention and yet continues to be revered – according to a British psychologist, the overall pace of life has increased by 10% worldwide since the mid-90’s and in some places, it has even increased by 20%.
- In 2016, Singapore was reported to have one of the longest work weeks in the world, and children as young as three were scheduled in back to back enrichment activities.
We invite you into the Circle in July to chat about our ‘fast’ life, and the effect it is having on our relationships, our work, and our wellbeing, in a world that is focused more on doing and less on being.
Let’s discover together, what it might take to ‘slow’ down and ‘unplug’, long enough to reconnect with what we have lost along the way – our creativity, our sense of self, our heath, our connection to nature and to each other.
Arrive with a curious mind and an open heart.
Leave with a better understanding and additional resources to keep the conversation going.
Please register in advance with the form below as seating is limited. A financial contribution for space rental and tea can be made at the event. Remaining proceeds will be donated to a charitable organization.