Each year yoUnlimited will celebrate these women’s resiliency and tenacity for moving forward in their lives by hosting a ‘giving circle’ – we ask the members of our community to join us, and bring items to prepare gift bags for these women, which will be delivered to them for Christmas morning.
This year we’re doing things a little differently!
Just like snowflakes, every women is different, there are no two alike. This year we will be focusing our holiday giving event on giving one item, a beautifully handcrafted snowflake ornament, sponsored by Glass Smith, a hand crafted paper cast card by Joanie McCorry, and the gift of cash and gift cards so that each woman can make the choice of what she needs this holiday season.
How it works…
- Purchase a gift card(s) for one of the suggested stores below, OR bring cash. (Fairway Market, Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Cineplex Odeon, London Drugs,Tim Hortons Coffee, Saanich Parks & Recreation or Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Bring your gift card(s) or cash to our studio, located at 18A 26 Bastion Square on one of the following dates/times: Tuesdays, November 27, December 4, 11, 18 – 10 am to 4 pm, Wednesdays, November 28, December 5, 12, 19 – 10 am to 2 pm, Fridays, November 30, December 7 or 14 – 10 am to 4 pm
- Place your gift card or cash in an envelope. These envelopes are numbered and you will write the information about what’s inside on our list so we can distribute the cash and cards equally when it comes time to create the gift packages. Make sure you include your name and email address (see #5).
- We will package up the cash and cards with their ornament and card into a beautiful box and deliver them to the women.
- To thank you for your generous donation you will receive an invitation to a evening event with the Victoria Women’s Transition House and other generous givers here at our studio. This will take place on Wednesday, January 30th from 5 to 6:30 pm. And, you will receive a $10 gift certificate for Elate Cosmetics.
P.S. If it is easier for you – send an etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up with an email of a message you would like us to write on the envelope and we will add you to the giving list and add the envelopes to the tree.
If you have questions about this, contact Carolyne (see below).
Thank you to Joanie McCorry of Perido Tulip Cards who creates beautiful handcrafted cards for each woman.
Please be in touch with us via email.