Leader, Women in the Woods
The reason I belong in the yoUnlimited community is because I love connecting with likeminded woman and being inspired by the magic present in each and every person that shows up to the events.Aimee Burton
In our version of the Proust questionnaire we hope you get to know our yoUnlimited volunteers a little better. Here are Aimee’s answers.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Waking up without an alarm to the sunrise and birds chirping. Feeling a sense of spaciousness and freedom to spend my time exactly how I choose. Enjoying time in nature with my dog and people I love. Eating delicious food. Great conversation. Music. Dancing. Deep inquiry into life’s mysteries. Meaningful work – truly impacting lives of the people around me by creating opportunities for growth, transformation and self-actualization. A good glass of wine and a hot bath with essential oils. Nourishing myself. The taste of a carrot pulled from the garden and rinsed off with the hose. Gliding through fresh powder on my snowboard. A cup of delicious coffee or tea enjoyed while reading a book. Hammocks. Exploring a new place or country with no agenda. NATURE. The sense of community created through family style/potluck meals with a focus on real whole food.
- What is your greatest fear? Regret. Wishing I had taken more risks. Playing small.
- Who are your favorite writers? I haven’t been reading very much fiction the last few years so this is heavily weighted towards personal growth/non-fiction for sure: Stephen Cherniske, Elizabeth Gilbert, Danielle Laporte, Kate Northrup, Tara Mohr, Chris Gillebeau, Robert Kiyosaki, Napolean Hill, Don Miguel Ruiz, Eckhart Tolle, Philip Pullman, J.K. Rowling, Orson Scott Card, Margaret Atwood, Madeleine L’Engle… gosh, that’s all I can think of at the moment, but I’m sure there’s many more.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? To be bolder and more courageous.
- What do you most value in your friends? I value trust, authenticity, honesty, spontaneity, compassion, and that spark for living an interesting and fulfilling life. The feeling of coming home, being myself and knowing they can be themselves, that we can just BE together.
Aimee Burton is on a quest to create freedom and well-being in her life, and inspire others to do the same. Aimee is a dog-momma, a small-town girl and a lover of nature, good food, and people. She is a connector, a teacher, and a community-builder. She loves creating space for people to come together to share their joys and challenges, to learn, and to be lit up with possibility. Visit Aimee’s website www.aimeeburton.com.